It could be that you own a condo and would like to give it out for rent. Making some crucial upgrades can help attract small families, couples, and yo
It could be that you own a condo and would like to give it out for rent. Making some crucial upgrades can help attract small families, couples, and young professionals to lease your vacant place. Faced with stiff competition, you need to make sure that your condo stands out and is favored upon.
- Fancy entrance: First impressions work like magic. Installing a biometric reader at the entrance is sure to bring out that oohs and aahs from potential renters. Installing this gadget also improves security. You can also consider investing in additional safety nets like smart locks. This way, your new renters will not have to worry about previous tenants holding duplicate keys. This device can also be configured to respond only to those residing in the condo.
- Paint: Condos with worn-out paints will not attract renters. An easy and affordable upgrade will be to apply wall paint. Instead of off-white, you can choose neutral colors like gray. White furniture when kept against the gray wall is sure to appear ultra-chic.
- Smart homes: These are gaining immense popularity nowadays. Installing advanced technology in your home allows you to control just about anything in your home simply using your smartphone. It will also enhance your condo’s resale value. With home automation, you will be able to control light appliances and control the thermostat from your bed or sofa. It also helps to save huge in electricity.
- Secret cabinet: Since condos are compact, it becomes important to make use of every corner available in the room. You need to make the place multi-purpose. Secret storage like the pull-out shoe cabinet or accessories rack created just behind the dresser can entice potential renters. Modern appliances and furniture pieces are sure to improve your condo’s value. Bare ones are likely to be preferred less when compared to those that are fully or semi-furnished. Ensure that all appliances present are in working condition.
- Urban garden: Constructing a balcony in the condo will allow your potential renter to have a small garden. Not necessary that it needs to be something grand. You can invest in a few hanging plants and pots and it is sure to make the place attractive. Also can be grown an herb garden close to the kitchen.
Considering the above condo renovation tips will allow you to increase your condo value and get potential renters easily.